My 2013 Reading Challenges

Once again I am overdoing it on my reading challenges (see the list over there on the left... cringes ). So far I have 35 different challenges chosen to try. Many are challenges that require very few reads (6 or under) several require just 12 different reads. Then there are those that go way beyond that, such as the 2013 Category Challenge, Mount TBR and Book Bingo.

Some of the challenges are carryovers from 2012 that I never did get to and luckily they have been brought back for 2013.

One of my goals this year it to definitely read as much as I can from my already overflowing book shelves. I am notorious for buying books so much faster than I can read them. I'm sure I will buy new books this of an addiction for me and one I thoroughly enjoy and never want cured of!

I will admit. Deciding on which challenges to tackle and tyear I won't be able to help it and truthfully I don't want to. Yes buying books is somewhat hen which books to read for each challenge and which books will crossover challenges is as much fun as reading the books! It's my type A personality. Lists are a big thing with me. I make lists for everything and usually end up changing them at some point. And besides, If you're going to do something why not jump right in and do it in a big way! (Dec. 23, 2012)




====================================================================================================

Monday, December 24, 2012

I am completely and utterly addicted to reading challenges so of course I am going for the Out of This World level of 16+ categories. My list of challenges is on the left. Clicking on the challenge name will take you to my post about that challenge (as I get them done). There I will keep track of what books I've read for the challenge and how close I am getting to finishing the challenge. Listed below are all of the challenges with a tally of how many books I have read/need to read for each one.

Last year I finished 20 challenges. This year I hope to finish a lot more!

One other thing....just to set some parameters for my reading. I have some restrictions on how the books I read will fit into my challenges.

My personal challenge rules:
1. No more than 4 challenges per book.
2. The following challenges will not count as one of the “4” challenges per book:
Outdo Yourself
Mount TBR
TBR Double Dare
52 books in 52 weeks
2013 Category challenge
Let Me Count the Ways
Simply because every book I read will fit these challenges..except for any new
book I buy during the year

2013 Category Challenge (91) - pyramid style

TBR Pile (12) – Books read for this challenge cannot be used for any other challenge except for the 2013 Category Challenge and one of the two Genre challenges and Mount TBR. Books read for this challenge will not count towards the TBR Double Dare Challenge so must be read between May 1st and December 31st.

Genre Variety (12)
Genre/Sub-genre (12)
A book may be used for only of one these genre challenges…it cannot be used for both.
Genres used in one genre challenge cannot be used in the other genre challenge.

Sookie Stackhouse – only 4 of these books can be used in the Immortals challenge – 1 for each category


----------------------------------------

From the Reading challenge Addict site:
"Levels:
Easy as Pie: 1-5 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
On the Roof: 6-10 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
In Flight: 11-15 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
Out of This World: 16+ Challenges (Entered & Completed)

Rules:
Runs from January 1 through December 31, 2013.
Write a starting post joining the challenge and outlining your challenges.
Track all of your challenge accomplishments - good & bad.
Stop by to join us in the mini-challenges, updates & extra giveaways throughout the year.
Comment like crazy and offer support for your fellow addicts.

Have FUN!

Easy, right? Who wants to be in on the fun? What else will be on offer? Random giveaways for participants to enter and unannounced special drawings for commenters on the site so be sure to leave your email address with your comment! Are you ready? Sign up on the Challenge Addicts 2013 page."


-------------------------------------------------

MyCHALLENGES FOR 2013
2013 Book Bingo
American Revolution Reading 0/3
Anne Rice Reading 0/3
A-Z Reading
Titles 0/26
Authors 0/26
Back to the Classics 0/10
Book to Movie 0/3
Category Challenge 0/91
Classic Double 0/8
Cruizin thru the Cozies 0/12
Ebooks 0/10
Eclectric Reader 0/12
Finish the Series no set amount
Genre/Sub-genre Genre Challenge 0-15
Genre Variety 0/12
Historical Fiction 0/5
Immortals 0/15
Let Me Count the Ways 0/10,000 pages
Literary Exploration 0/36
Monthly Key Word 0/12
Mount TBR 0/75
Nerdy Non-fiction 0/15
New Authors 0/24
Outdo Yourself 0/120
Outside the Box Reading 0/13
Paranormal 0/12
Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks 0/52
Mini challenges:
Dusty Mini (books from shelf)0/12
Inspiration 0/6
Well-education Mind 0/5
Seriously Series Reading not sure yet
Sequel Reading 0/35
Sookie Stackhouse 0/13
TBR Double Dare 4 months
TBR Pile 0/12
Tea & Books 0/4
What an Animal 0/6
Witch and Witchcraft 0/5
Women (authors) 0/16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



========================================================================

Year after Year - ongoing readings

Books by Year

Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2011
Books Read in 2010
Books Read in 2009
Books Read prior to 2009
(that I can remember)


Books by Category

Fantasy books Read
Mysteries Read



Author Reads

Future addition