My 2013 Reading Challenges

Once again I am overdoing it on my reading challenges (see the list over there on the left... cringes ). So far I have 35 different challenges chosen to try. Many are challenges that require very few reads (6 or under) several require just 12 different reads. Then there are those that go way beyond that, such as the 2013 Category Challenge, Mount TBR and Book Bingo.

Some of the challenges are carryovers from 2012 that I never did get to and luckily they have been brought back for 2013.

One of my goals this year it to definitely read as much as I can from my already overflowing book shelves. I am notorious for buying books so much faster than I can read them. I'm sure I will buy new books this of an addiction for me and one I thoroughly enjoy and never want cured of!

I will admit. Deciding on which challenges to tackle and tyear I won't be able to help it and truthfully I don't want to. Yes buying books is somewhat hen which books to read for each challenge and which books will crossover challenges is as much fun as reading the books! It's my type A personality. Lists are a big thing with me. I make lists for everything and usually end up changing them at some point. And besides, If you're going to do something why not jump right in and do it in a big way! (Dec. 23, 2012)




====================================================================================================

Tuesday, December 25, 2012


War Through the Generation’s 2013 reading challenge will be the American Revolution.
The challenge will run from January 1, 2013, through December 31, 2013.

Rules:
This year you have options when reading your fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, etc. with the American Revolution as the primary or secondary theme.
Books can take place before, during, or after the war, so long as the conflicts that led to the war or the war itself are important to the story. Books from other challenges count so long as they meet the above criteria.

Levels:
Dip: Read 1-3 books in any genre with the American Revolution as a primary or secondary theme.
Wade: Read 4-10 books in any genre with the American Revolution as a primary or secondary theme.
Swim: Read 11 or more books in any genre with the American Revolution as a primary or secondary theme.

Additionally, we’ve decided that since there are so many great movies out there about the American Revolution, you can substitute or add a movie or two to your list this year and have it count toward your totals.

You can decide which books you’d like to read right away, or you can choose them during the course of the challenge. Check out the Recommended Reading: American Revolution page for suggestions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I’ve Read for this challenge:
1.
2.
3.

Some books on my shelf to choose from for this challenge:
The Rebels by John Jakes
The Fourth of July by Peter De Bolla
1776 by David G. McCullough
American Creation by Joseph J. Ellis
Almost a Miracle by John E. Ferling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



========================================================================

Year after Year - ongoing readings

Books by Year

Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2011
Books Read in 2010
Books Read in 2009
Books Read prior to 2009
(that I can remember)


Books by Category

Fantasy books Read
Mysteries Read



Author Reads

Future addition